We have a lot of things to tell you! We are going to violate our ‘one topic per blog post’ rule. Instead of blogging about each of these items separately, we have put everything in categories and have provided a brief blurb. Most of these things are self-explanatory and discoverable.
Please take a minute to glance through these items or you may miss something new!
By the way – since we published the beta version of the new user interface, over 88% of the usage of BVCMS has been with the new UI. The usage on a daily basis has hovered between 85 – 91%. This means you are doing your daily tasks with the new UI instead of hanging on to the old way. Good for you! If you are one of those in the minority and have not yet jumped in – take the plunge. You will be glad you did!
Now, for the new stuff.
- Related Families – That heading on the people page is now a link to Search Builder and the results will return everyone in the families that are related.
- Record Created By – The user ID of record creator is now a link so you can see who created the record. Look at the bottom on the Personal tab.
- Changes – We are now logging more changes on the Changes tab.
- Giving > Contributions Tab – This feature is visible to users looking at their own record (including My Data users) and to Finance users.
- The list of contributions identifies the type – Cash/Check, Online, or Recurring
- People Header – We add these options: Find (to find people) and Advanced Search (for Search Builder). Quick Search still has those options; I just kept clicking over there under People.
- Tag Icon – We added a scrollbar (to help those with tons of Tags). If you need to use it, you might have too many tags 🙂
- Auto Run – We added a checkbox so you can turn off auto run as you build searches. It will default to auto run each time you return to Search Builder.
- Has Invalid Email Address – This is a not exactly a new condition, but it’s working as it should now. It’s a great tool in cleaning up your email addresses!
- Enroll All Guests – When on a meeting, you can now select Add All Guests from Other Management if you want to enroll all the guests for a specific meeting.
- Weekly Attendance Export – This new export/report is run from Organization Search. Select a Program and it will produce an AttendPct report across all orgs in that Program looking back 52 weeks, with one row for each person who attended as a member (not as a guest). They will have a P if they attended something in that program for that week.
The features outlined below are available for Finance users.
- Contribution Statements for Deceased – You can now print a Contribution Statement from the deceased person’s people record without having to remove the deceased date. When you are on the record for the deceased person, a statement will print for the surviving spouse as well. When you are on the surviving spouse’s record, only the statement for that person will print. Statements for deceased people will still not print when you print all statements.
- Links to Contributions Search – From the Giving > Statements tab for a person, the yearly totals are links to Contributions Search with the filter set for that year’s contributions.
- Transactions Log – You can now search by all of part of first or last name – just like quick search. This feature applies to those with Manage Transactions as well as Finance users.
- New Special Content message – This allows the System Admin to customize what a user sees on the Online Giving page (on their people record) when the church does not have online giving set up or when they use a provider other than Sage or Authorize.net. The name of this HTML page is NoGivingSetupMessage.
- Pledge Fulfillment Report – We added the Family ID# as a column to help those who want to create a pivot table in order to look at contributions and pledges combined for couples who pledge and give individually.
Bug Fixes and/or Oversights
This is not an exhaustive list, but these are some of the items that we have either fixed or were missing in new user interface and we have added them.
- Count on Contact Search page
- Home Phone not saving to all family members
- Display issues with IE9
- Clear button on Search/Add
- New List button to replace Go Back on Search/Add
- Display email in results on Search/Add
- Do Not Publish Phones option on person page
Thank you again for your encouraging words about the new UI. The fact that you are using it so much speaks volumes! If you missed some of our recent videos about some of the changes, take a look at the past few BVCMS News blog posts for links.