If you want something done right, just do it yourself! That’s just what we did in regard to improving how we handle support requests. We built it ourselves.
We really love this new feature and think you will, too. It will work better for those who need support as well as for those of us providing support.
Here’s how it works:
- Click the new Contact Support button that you will see on the right side of any page in BVCMS.
- Be sure to read the text for How To Get Support.
- Enter a keyword or words relating to your question and hit Enter or click the search icon. This will use Google Search to look through all of our BVCMS help articles.
- Scroll though the list of results to see if your question is answered in one of our existing articles. When you click on one of the articles, it will open in another tab, so you can easily return to the support screen.
- If you find the answer to your question, click Cancel.
- If you do not find the answer to your question, click I need help. This button will not be active until you have searched.
- Select the appropriate category using the drop down menu in order to let us know the urgency of your request.
- Then enter your request in the text box.
NOTE: Before you submit your first request, please look at the two samples: Sending a good support request and Sending a good bug report. These will help you format your request or bug report so that you give us the information we need to quickly give you the help you need.
- Once you are satisfied that you have provided the information we need, just click Submit Request.
- You will receive an email confirmation letting you know that your request has been received and that someone will get back to you shortly. Also, an email will be sent to the Admin (the email in the Admin Email Settings) at your church, letting that person know that you have a question and have asked for help.
The email that our support team receives will give us your name, email address, the URL for your BVCMS database as well as the information you enter in the body of the email. If we reply and ask you a question, be sure to click Reply to All when you answer, so that all of our team will receive your email.
We did this in order to fulfill our mission to provide the best support possible to you, our BVCMS churches, as you use BVCMS to minister to your community.
PS: The Help Documentation link will still be available on the main menu. This provides help in the context of where you are in the database.