Is it just me? Or do you also sometimes wonder if people out there in cyberspace are actually reading those pretty emails you sent them. Or if they even open them? Well, if you do, you will be very excited about this latest feature. It is a tool designed to be used by those of you who are sending large, targeted emails – such as newsletters – and want to be able to see if you are reaching your audience. If your email has an image in it, you can include a special code in your email that will be invisible to your readers.
With that embedded in your email, you will be able to view some stats about your email:
- Total number of times the email has been opened (including multiple times by the same person)
- Total number of individuals who have opened the email (counting only the first time a person opens it)
- For each individual, the number of times they have opened the email
There are a couple of things to remember about using this:
- Your email should include an image (this is the secret to the magic)
- You will access this information from the link in the Sent Email notification you receive after sending the email
Read more about how to use this tool in the wiki article Tracking Emails.
One more important reminder:
Whenever you are sending emails to large numbers of people, you should always include the Unsubscribe link. See the wiki article Unsubscribe for details.
Email can be a very efficient and inexpensive way to communicate with large numbers of people, so we want to give you the appropriate tools to help you be as effective as possible in your communication.